Room Cottages, Village Street
Built in 1893, this row of six cottages was originally a part of the Testcombe estate. Architecturally designed by Caroe, they were tied cottages for agricultural workers on the estate. They have been privately owned since the 1920’s. Two squares make up the whole row of six cottages. Sue Batchelor, who lives at No. 1, embroidered both squares, but involved the other residents by asking each of them to embroider their own front door. Unfortunately she could not include Mr. and Mrs. Vincent at No. 6, as their front door does not face the street.
Add a comment about this page