White Poplars, Station Road
Built in 1936 for a Canadian artist, White Poplars is a
clapboard house in New England colonial style. The
house enjoys spectacular views of the river and
surrounding countryside as it is sited in an elevated position directly overlooking the valley. It was originally constructed “upside down,” so the sitting room was on the first floor. The north wall was almost entirely window to allow the desired northern light to flood the artist’s studio. Jane Booth embroidered this square after leaving White Poplars in 1998.
Add a comment about this page